Monday, September 26, 2011

Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maude Montgomery

Anne of Green Gables - Lucy Maude Montgomery

Read: I think there is some sort of law that any female raised in Canada has to read Anne of Green Gables at some point.
Source:  e-reader
Finished: June some time
Pages: 270

I had never really wanted to read this book. I kind of sort of knew the general premise, but I knew it had some sort of vague connection to Road to Avonlea which was a show I always despised but would end up watching the last few minutes of since it aired before  the Bugs Bunny and Tweety show on Sunday nights.

But, it was one of the free books on my e-reader and I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a go.

I actually enjoyed it. I really wasn't expecting to. I wasn't expecting it to be funny, and I wasn't expecting for the characters to be so relate-able. Anne, who always struck me as an obnoxious little prat when I would see/hear/read something about the book, was just a funny kid with a wild imagination and a runaway mouth. She wasn't trying to be annoying, it just worked out that way.

Am I going to join the legion of crazy Green Gables nuts? Nah. But it was a cute book and I am glad I read it. I might read it again some day.

****
Book count: 7
Page count:  992+270 = 1262

No comments:

Post a Comment